What Personal Data We Collect
We process the following types of personal data:
- Contact information: such as your name, address, phone, email and other similar information.
- Any other information you submit to us: such as opinions and any other information you provide.
Why We Collect, Use and Store this Personal Data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below.
Where you have given consent.
- Where necessary for UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD’s legitimate interests, as listed below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights.
- to deliver the Website and related services to you;
- to administer the Website resources;
- to allow us to improve and optimise the Website and UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD products and services;
- to respond to your request or enquiry; to contact you for the above purpose; to ask you to provide your opinion or participate in surveys about our products and services;
- to understand which parts of the Website are popular/most used, or those which need changing/upgrading; and
- to respond to user questions and complaints; and for internal record keeping
- Where necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where necessary to protect UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD’s legitimate interests and legal rights, and where our interests and not overridden by your data protection rights.
Protecting our legitimate business interests and legal rights. This includes, but is not limited to, use in connection with compliance, regulatory, auditing, legal claims (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements.
UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD will also convert personal data into anonymous data and use it (normally on an aggregated statistical basis) for research and analysis to improve the Website, analyse trends and, tailor products. Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other use of the Website.
When providing UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD with personal data of minors, UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD strongly encourages the prior consent of parents / guardians.
How We Share Your Personal Data
(a) Transfers to companies providing services under contract
Your personal data will be shared with companies providing services under contract to UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD, such the companies set out below:
- Website provider
- Website service provider IT hosting
- IT maintenance provider
Transfers outside Japan
Your personal data that we collect from you may be stored and processed in Japan or in any other country where service providers maintain facilities. UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD will ensure appropriate safeguards as required by applicable law to ensure the integrity and security of your personal data when engaging such service providers.
(b) Transfers to other organisations
- Transfers to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation or if we consider this is necessary for us to protect the rights, property or safety of UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD, our customers or others.
- Transfers to government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Your Choices and Rights
(a) Your general Rights and Choices
- You have the right to ask UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide in a structured, machine readable format.
- You can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
- Where we have asked for your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time. If you ask to withdraw your consent to UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD processing your data, this will not affect any processing which has already taken place at that time.
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law or have compelling legitimate interests to keep.
(b)Your Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority
You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority for data protection, where applicable to your personal data under the applicable laws.
We will retain your personal data only f or as long as we need it for UNIFIVE's legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, or perform a service at your request, or to meet a legal requirement. At the end of the retention period, we will take steps to delete your personal data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
Links to third party Websites
Cookies and Access Logs
Disclaimers Regarding Use of Personal Data
UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD is under no condition responsible or liable for the protection or use of personal data collected by third - party web site s regardless of whether they are linked to by the Website.
The Website is controlled by UNIFIVE TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD which is the data controller for personal data collected via the Website and whose registered address is No.149-20,Longfu 18th Rd.,Nantun Dist.,Taichung City 408,Taiwan.
You can get the product catalog in PDF.
Since 1989, UNIFIVE has maintained the quality of their AC power adapters and switching power supplies through rigorous quality controls.See more